Question: My unit or instrument cluster still has erroneous diagnostic lights, unusual symptoms and/or doesn’t have the desired mileage that I requested.
- If the vehicle’s battery was not disconnected prior to removal of the unit, it may inadvertently blow a fuse along the wiring behind the dash, a relay near the fuse box, or a fuse in one of the multiple fuse boxes in the vehicle.
- Oftentimes there is communication present if the unit is installed back in the vehicle. One of the fastest and easiest ways to clear any soft codes in the vehicle is to do a simple battery reset:
- Disconnect the battery cables
- Clamp the cables together with the terminals touching (off the battery!)
- Leave the cables maintained in this position for 30 minutes and then re-install
*This should clear any soft codes and communication issues with the vehicle’s PCI bus.*