This is the Battery Troubleshooting Guide
I received my instrument cluster back after repair
My unit or instrument cluster still has erroneous diagnostic lights, unusual symptoms and/or not
responding to certain tests or signals.
- If the vehicle’s battery was not disconnected prior to removal of the unit, it may have inadvertently blown a fuse along the wiring behind the dash, a relay near the fuse box, or a fuse in one of the
multiple fuse boxes in the vehicle.
- Oftentimes there are communication present if the unit is installed back
in the vehicle. One of the fastest and easiest ways to clear any soft codes
in the vehicle is to do a simply battery reset:
- Disconnect the battery cables
- Clamp the cables together with the terminals touching (off the battery!)
- Leave the cables maintained in this position for 15-20 seconds and then re-install
*This should clear any soft codes and communication issues with the vehicle’s PCI bus.*